This is what MS Dhoni taught Hardik Pandya



All-rounder Hardik Pandya has become an apple of everyone's eye in India after smashing his maiden Test century. His inning was one of the most entertaining ones so far as he crossed the 100 mark in just one session during the third Test match against Sri Lanka at Pallekele on Sunday.

The explosive batsman is widely being compared to legendary player Kapil Dev. At a press conference after the match, Pandya threw light on the comparison and said he would be happy even if he “can be 10 per cent of what Kapil Dev was.”

The right-handed batsman is fearless and it is delight to watch him bat. It was former skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni who helped Pandya in becoming what he is today. Earlier, the player used to get nervous while playing at 90s but he is not afraid anymore.


"First time in my life I have not had the 90s butterfly. Otherwise, I don’t remember previous centuries, but I used to have butterflies from what I can remember. In today’s game when I batted I was in a different zone. When I bat, I don’t think about my personal scores and achievements. It has helped me enough. One thing I learned from Mahi bhai (Mahendra Singh Dhoni) is that you always put your team ahead, see the scoreboard and play accordingly. That has helped me throughout," said Pandya.

Comments