Shane Watson's encounter with ghost!





Back in the year 2005, the legendary Ashes series got popular for two reasons – the electrifying on-field drama and an off-field haunted experience.

The hotel - Lumley Castle Hotel, in which the Australian team stayed, was more than 600 years old and it was said that the place was haunted.

It was on 22 June when young lad Shane Watson got spooked as the cricketer felt someone's presence in his room. Later, it was reported that Watson didn't spend the rest of the night in his room. The frightened player ran and found shelter in Brett Lee's room.

The story has it that the hotel in Durham county is haunted by the ghost of Lady Lily Lumley who was tortured and murdered by two priests after she rejected the Catholic faith. If the rumours are to be believed, her ghost is seen even today.

While Watson didn't openly accept that he saw ghost, he was trolled for the incident by the England player in the next match.

Apart from Watson, Australia’s media manager also felt the strange activities. She even accepted that there was a ghost.

"I saw ghosts. I swear I'm telling the truth," Belinda Dennett was quoted as saying by The Sun.



"Several of the players were uneasy although a lot of them in the morning said they were fine ... but maybe they were just trying to be brave," she added.


Giving a detailed account, Belinda said, "I closed the blind in my room before I went to bed. But when I was woken at 4am by my phone, the blind was up again. I looked out of the window and saw a procession of white people walking past. It was amazing, very scary. Then I returned to bed and the blind went up again - and there was someone looking in through the window. I know I wasn't dreaming because I wrote down the message from my phone and the time. Certainly, when I started to tell my story, a lot of them didn't want to know the details."

Comments